Andrew Novinger, Entomologist & Owner
After graduating with a Master’s of Biology in Entomology (study of insects) from Loyola University Chicago, Andy held many positions in the field.
For seven years, he served as Technical Director, for one of Chicago’s premiere Pest Management Companies, responsible for training more than 50 service technicians; and Branch Manager for their largest locations in Chicago.
In addition, Andy has had experience at:
- United States Department of Agriculture – inspected for invasive pests on commodities shipped into this country.
- Northwest Mosquito Abatement District of Illinois – served as Assistant Entomologist.
- Field Museum of Chicago – identified and cataloged insects collected from all over the world.
- Chicago Zoological Society – responsible for behavioral enrichment and overall care for a wide variety of mammals. Was the Pest Control Representative for the Zoo.
- College of Lake County Illinois – was adjunct professor of Horticulture teaching students about pests, their biology and how to control them.
Holds many IDPH certifications and completed the AIB correspondence course.
Why the name 'Grizz'?
Yes, we love animals, but we loved one particular family dog, who we named Grizzly Bear, very much. Grizzly, our beloved Chesapeake Bay Retriever, passed away suddenly from cancer in early 2017 after he had been with our family only two short years. To honor him and keep him alive in our memory, we dedicated our new, family-owned business to him by giving it his namesake.
Grizzly was more of a teddy bear, than a grizzly bear. This business is a way to keep him by our side.